Monthly Archives: March 2011

Edgestitching, and Why I Love It

It’s this foot: I can’t remember if it came with my Pfaff 1229, or if I picked it up somewhere else.  Every other foot for my Pfaff snaps onto the shank, so I’m inclined to think this was an add-on.  … Continue reading

Posted in Tips | 7 Comments

Plumb Done

Yep, it’s the third and final sink faucet unit in our living space.  This one is in a very small bathroom off our kitchen pantry; it’s 1952 sink with a 1952 faucet unit.  Somehow we never noticed that we didn’t … Continue reading

Posted in Misc | 2 Comments

Sinking, Not Sewing

More plumbing, less sewing.  Just before I left on an unexpected trip, I reached down to move the bathroom trash can and made a horrible discovery — it weighed a ton.  Underneath a snowy layer of tossed kleenices, the trash … Continue reading

Posted in Misc | 8 Comments

Tapestry Capuche-écharpe

A couple of months ago, I made a red, black and white version of this convertible hood/shawl/scarf, and not long after that, this very different version, for a gift: A peculiar sensitivity prevented me from donning this garment (I thought … Continue reading

Posted in Accessories | 1 Comment